The following techniques are used on this page:
- there are transparent areas in the image used as the background for the heading
- the text on the banner is not part of the image (try double-clicking to select it)
- the background image for the page is quite small - it repeats in both directions
- the sunglasses use both transparent and translucent areas (translucency is created using the alpha channel in most graphics programs). The areas around the edge and where the nose would be are completely transparent, and the lenses are tinted.
- the area behind this text also has a translucent quality created using rgba()
You can hold the mouse button down to move the sunglasses (or tap the screen if you are using a touch-screen device) - you will see that the lenses are darkened, but you can see through them.